All this anti-LGBT sentiment was created by the polish PIS government to hide all their scandals and corruption. Additionally, PIS, like every good populist and authoritarian regime, needs an enemy.
During the migrant crisis in 2015 and 2016, PIS won the election by being very anti-migrant. They created a scare in Poland that migrants from Syria will come and destroy Polish values
When all European countries took some migrants PIS declined to take in 6000 migrants. Then, they began the destruction of judges and courts. The whole constitutional crisis
Now, they started to look for another ENEMY. And they found it in the LGBT community.
Let’s go over chronologically. Some parts are taken from this comment
- September 2018. A campaign called “Stop Sexualization of Children and Youth” accused groups conducting sex education workshops of promoting “depravity.” The campaign claimed that following World Health Organization sex education standards for Europe would cause “sex addiction” and “confusion about gender identity.” Source
- early 2019. LGBT-free zones. The non-binding resolutions, which municipalities started adopting in early 2019, coinciding with a rise in rhetoric by the governing Law and Justice (PiS) denouncing “LGBT ideology” as an allegedly foreign import threatening the Polish nation and its age-old Christian values.
- Anti-LGBT rhetoric went into overdrive in February 2019, when newly elected Warsaw Mayor Rafal Trzaskowski from the largest opposition force, Civic Coalition, adopted an “LGBT Charter” promising support for vulnerable lesbian, gay and transexual people and combating discrimination.
- The pro-life trucks are driving around cities all covered in pictures of dead fetuses NSFW and slogans equating homosexuals with pedophiles (“they’re coming for your children”, “pederasts live 20 years shorter”, “homosexuals commit pedophilia 20 times more often”), blasting disgusting homophobic propaganda over loudspeakers.
- Summer of 2019. Equality parades in Poland are routinely attacked by far-right activists. Unprecedented levels of violence took place last summer at a march in the northeastern city of Bialystok. PIS MPs said that it was lgbt that provoked
- video of Anti-LGBT parade
- Mid summer 2019, Polish magazine Gazeta Polska distributes ‘LGBT-free zone’ stickers. Its owner is an ex-journalist with ties to PIS
- In 2019 a judge orders them to stop using these trucks. Some trucks are protected by police. Video of police protecting the truck
- 3 days before the parliamentary election in October 2019. PIS “public hahaha state” station TVP shows a documentary movie entitled “Invasion” Article showing how the LGBT “ideology” is attacking Poland.
- Just before the election, Kaczynski is spewing anti-lgbt stuff during a PIS rally source “Obviously, this is connected to a certain ideology, philosophy, which emerged earlier in the West”– PiS leader Jaroslaw Kaczynski
- 3 days after the election PIS passes a new legislation that treats sex education as ‘pedophilia’. Teachers teaching about sexualisation or lgbt can face prison time.
- January 2020. Ordo Iuris, a catholic legal sect/organisation with many ties to PIS introduces to 34 municipalities “Municipal Charter of Family Rights” promoting polish Christian values and anti-lgbt stuff. In the past months, activists have noted local councils increasingly rely on the Ordo Iuris version. (According to documents seen by BIRN, representatives of Ordo Iuris have in the past been invited to take part in annual summits of Agenda Europe, a coordination forum that was set up with support from US evangelical “pro-life” groups and has ties with Russian ultra-conservatives.)
- July 2020, Just before the unconstitutional presidential election, PIS president Andrzej Duda says LGBT ‘ideology’ worse than communism.
- A group of people, including Margot, attack one of the trucks, slash the homophobic posters along with the tires, steal the plates and shove the driver to the ground. no arrest orders (she was detained but the court refused the prosecutor’s request for a longer arrest and they let her go with a bail and police supervision), she, along with other activists, hangs a few rainbow flags on some monuments in Warsaw.
- End of july. some polish lgbt-free towns have their eu funding cut
- August 1st, during the warsaw uprising celebration, many nationalists are burning LGBT flags and kicking lgbt protesters and Police are trying to enter a pro-LGBT pol.party HQ to arrest people and take down lgbt flags
- August 5 Three people accused of hanging LGBT rainbow flags off statues in Warsaw have been arrested and charged.
- Margot that attacked the driver of a pro-life truck video of the attack got arrested by Police and put in jail for 2 months video of the arrest. To top it off, almost 50 protesters and random passer-bys were also arrested (with a hefty dose of unnecessary violence) and are being transported and held fuck knows where. The police do not allow them contact with lawyers and MPs who were there trying to protect them. The 3 “vandals” are accused Under Article 196 of Poland’s criminal code, a person who “offends the religious feelings of others by publicly insulting a religious object or place of worship” may face up to two years in prison.
- The biggest irony of all this is when in 2016 a fascist polish group ONR planted anti-lgbt flags on the same monument in front of the church. Nobody got arrested.
- Cool little fact to show the difference in approach. August 6th, Polish pedophile priest that was sentenced to 5 year prison time for raping 2 girls is set free from jail. He will be at home waiting until he needs to go to prison.
- To add fuel to the fire Minister of Justice Ziobro approved a 250,000 PLN grant for one of the lgbt-free municipalities that lost their EU subventions. The grant comes from a special Justice fund that was created as…. a state special purpose fund aimed at helping victims and witnesses, preventing crime, and providing post-penitentiary assistance. Source
Some of the scandals they try to hide:
- 2020 Unconstitutional presidential “election”. Art 128.2 of the constitution: “The election of the President of the Republic shall be ordered by the Marshal of the Sejm to be held on a day no sooner than 100 days and no later than 75 days before expiry of the term of office of the serving President of the Republic. “Election” was held on June 28th so 70 days before the expiry date on the 6th of August. Any new law signed by Duda starting August 6 will have no power at all.
- Sex hotel of the head of the Audit office Marian Banas
- “Alleged” Pedophilia and Sex trafficking scandal of ex- House speaker Kuchcinski
- Health minister Szumowski alleged to have bought £1m of PPE from his ski instructor
- Again Health minister Szumowski bought 1.2 thousand ventilators for PLN 200 million from a company owned by an arms dealer, not a single device was delivered
- Again Szumowski, bought tests for 125M pln and they were never shipped.
- KNF scandal
- SKOK scandal
- SREBNA-KACZYNSKI scandal.
- PM Morawiecki scandal.
- PFN scandal